Maternity Toothpaste (Fluoride Free)
Click to watch the video clip of Pureen Maternity Toothpaste (Fluoride Free).
Pureen Maternity Toothpaste is specially formulated for pregnant and lactating mothers. It does not contain Fluoride, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Saccharin. It is approved by Malaysian Private Dental Practitioners’ Association (MPDPA) and certified Halal.
Excessive Ingestion of Fluoride can cause Dental Fluorosis in kids below 6 years old.
Under Joint FAO/WHO Food Standards Programme Codex Alimentarius Commission “Fluoride should not be added to infant formula.”
Pureen Maternity Toothpaste (Fluoride Free)
- Why No Fluoride
Studies have found Fluoride accumulates in fetal brains, causing damage to cells and neurotransmitters.1,2
1. Yu Y et al. (1996). Changes in neurotransmitters and their receptors in human fetal brain from an endemic fluorosis area. Chinese Journal of Endemiology. 15:257-259
2. Han H et al. (1989). The effects of fluoride on human fetus. Chinese Journal of Control of Endemic Diseases. 4:136-138
- Why No Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Dry mouth is common in pregnant women. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is a detergent and foam booster found in normal toothpaste. It can cause mouth ulcers, as it dries out the protective mucus lining in the mouth.
- Why No Saccharin
Saccharin is synthesized from coal tar.
During pregnancy, many women have the desire to snack on carbohydrate containing food. The bacteria will convert the starch/sugar that remains in the mouth/plaque to acids. In women with severe morning sickness, nausea and vomiting leaves stomach acids in the mouth. Acids can damage the surface of the teeth and promote tooth decay.
Pureen Maternity Toothpaste (Fluoride Free) prevents tooth decay with:
- 8% Xylitol
Xylitol is a natural sweetener. It is found in the fibers of many fruits and vegetables, including berries, corn husks and mushrooms. It does not cause tooth decay.
- Triple Calcium & Phosphate
Calcium and Phosphate ions are essential for the REMINERALIZATION of tooth enamel to protect against tooth decay. They play an important role in the maintenance of strong teeth.
- Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate
Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate inhibits the growth of bad breath-causing bacteria in human saliva.
Brush at least twice a day, after meal. Recommended during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
DO YOU KNOW?
- Our pipe water contains only LESS THAN ONE part per million of fluoride.
- Most normal adult toothpastes contain about 1500 parts per million of fluoride.
- Adult toothpaste also contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, a detergent and a foam booster.It can cause canker sores a.k.a. mouth ulcers as it dries out the protective mucus lining in the mouth
- Adult toothpaste also contains Sodium Saccharin.Saccharin is an artificial sweetener synthesized from coal tar.
We recommend all pregnant and lactating mothers to use Pureen Maternity Toothpaste which is FREE from Fluoride, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Saccharin.